UAE VAT IMPORT NOTICE
As you may already be aware the UAE has announced the introduction of VAT (Value Added Tax) effective 1st Jan 2018 at a standard rate of 5%. VAT will be collected on taxable supplies and services in the UAE, wherever applicable. Effective 1st January 2018, all importers into the United Arab Emirates need to comply or risk disrupting their Supply chain due to VAT. In order to be ready you should have done the below:
- Registered with the federal tax authority and have access to their FTA account.
- A valid TRN number
- A copy of the TRN certificate
Failure to do so will result in shipments being delayed till the above has been acquired.
The next step will be to – Update the importer’s registration with their TRN details at the following organizations:
- Registration with Dubai Customs
- Registration with Dubai Port and authority
- Registration with Sharjah Customs
- Registration with Sharjah Port and authority
- Registration with Carriers / Shipping lines
We are offering our valuable clients the ease and convenience of walking them through with each of the authorities. For more information call Al Sharqi Shipping (VAT Authorized Customs Clearing Agent)
UAE to implement VAT on 1 January 2018