A waiver is not necessary. BSC / CTN is not required
The Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) operates the Uganda Pre-Export Verification of Conformity to Standards Program (PVoC).
UNBS has contracted 3-international companies – SGS, Intertek and Bureau Veritas to carry out this exercise.
Pre-Shipment Inspection for Uganda
Information and documents required for creating an ECTN Certificate
Under the PVoC program UNBS requires that imported products whose standard specifications were declared compulsory under the UNBS Act 1983 must be inspected for conformity to the country’s technical regulations and standards, or their approved equivalent. Its aim is to establish a quality import inspection regime that is in harmony with member states of the East African Community.
We work with exporters to help demonstrate compliance and issue a Certificate of Conformity which gives access to the Ugandan marketplace, avoids delays in customs and reduces potential losses from the import of non compliant products. Depending on the certification route we provide one or a combination of the following interventions:
- Physical inspection prior to shipment
- Sampling, testing and analysis in accredited laboratories
- Audit of product manufacturing processes
- Documentary check and assessment of conformity with the requirements of the applicable technical regulations and standards, for example KSS, GSO, IEC
Information and documents required for creating a PVOC Certificate
Shipping Goods Exempted from Uganda PVOC Certificate
Restrictive Goods Shipping to Uganda
All goods the importation of which is for the time being regulated under this act by any written law for the time being in force of the partner state.
Charges for Uganda PVOC Certificate
It varies depending on the routes chosen for inspection,
Route A) Certificate of Conformity for Uganda
Minimum fee: 220 USD, maximum fee: 2,375USD which cover the documentary verification and the physical inspection of goods
Route B) Could be 350USD for up to 15 products
The following activities are subject to additional fees:
• Sampling and testing: to be quoted on a case by case basis;
• Containers sealing: to be quoted on a case by case basis;
• Licensing: to be quoted on a case by case basis.