Democratic Republic of The Congo
A FERI (Fiche Électronique des Renseignements a l’Importation) certificate is required for all shipments going to Democratic Republic Congo.
One FERI certificate is required per Bill of Lading (BOL) and must be obtained in the country of loading.
To know more about Shipping through the above ports into Central African Republic – contact us directly
Pre Shipment Inspection for DR Congo
Pre-Shipment Inspection of imports for the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) is mandated by the DGDA (Direction Générale des Douanes et Accises) and OCC (Office Congolais de Contrôle), Ministry of Commerce.
Information and documents required for creating FERI Certificate
Shipping Goods Exempted from DR Congo FERI Certificate
Prohibited Goods for DR Congo
- Ciproeptadine in tablet and syrup
- Contrimoxazole in powder
- Amoxicilin in capsule and powder
- Mebendazole in powder and tablet / Metronidazole in powder and tablet
- Paracetamol in tablet and syrup
- Quinine in capsule, tablet, syrup and liquid
- Passenger cars and minibuses (less than 10 seats) more than 10 years from year of production
- Commercial motor vehicles and buses (more than 10 seats) more than 7 years from year of production
- Trucks more than 10 years from year of production
Restrictive Goods shipping to DR Congo
The items below require authorization before they can be imported in to DR Congo:
- Passenger cars and minibuses (less than 10 seats) must be less than 10 years from year of production.
- Commercial motor vehicles and buses (more than 10 seats) must be less than 7 years from year of production.
- Trucks must be less than 10 years from year of production.
Charges for DR Congo FERI Certificate
For creating a FERI certificate for DR Congo, different rates are applicable. This depends on the Port of Loading and type of shipment, like LCL, FCL, Breakbulk or RORO.